Cocoa Brioche Knots
These beautiful brioche knots were prepared based on the recipe I use for the traditional Easter brioche bread, adjusting it just a bit with the help of Dutch cocoa powder for a fancier result.
7g instant dried yeast
pinch of salt
250ml whipping cream
2 eggs + 1 egg white
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp of milk for brushing the top of the knots
1. Mix flour and yeast and pour everything (except for the cocoa powder) in the bowl of a stand mixer. Knead for about 5-7 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 2 parts and work the cocoa powder into 1 of them.
3. Form 2 balls from the dough and let them rise for 1 hour.
4. I made 3 knots this time by separating each dough into 3 parts and rolling them out into strings, placing 1 cocoa and 1 plain dough strings next to each other, pinching the ends, twisting them and tugging in the ends.
5. Transfer the knots to a baking pan (lined with baking sheet) and let it rise for about 30 mins more.
6. Brush the braids with the mixture of the egg yolk and 1 tbsp milk.