Cocoa Twisted Sweet Bread
Just in time for Easter!
25g fresh yeast
1 sachet vanilla sugar
pinch of salt
250ml whipping cream
2 eggs + 1 egg white
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 egg yolk and 1 tbsp of milk for brushing
1. Mix flour and yeast and pour everything (except for the cocoa powder) in the bowl of a stand mixer. Knead for about 5-7 minutes. Cut the dough in half, return one half to the bowl and add the cocoa powder. Mix until well incorporated.
2. Form 2 balls (1 plain – 1 cocoa) of the dough and let it rise for about 1 hour.
3. Separate each ball into 4 equal parts and roll into strings
3. Now you can either make a nice braid or simply twist 1 cocoa and 1 plain string together.
4. Transfer to a baking pan (lined with baking sheet) and let it rise for about 30 mins more.
5. Brush the braid with the mixture of the egg yolk and 1 tbsp milk.
6. Place the bread in pre-heated oven and bake for about 35-40 mins at 190°C, or until golden brown.
Serve with jam, honey, butter, or – as Easter is coming – with ham, eggs and horseradish!
Enjoy : )