Anniversary! Apple and Coconut Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache
It has been exactly 1 year ago that I posted my very first post for the whole wide world to read. It was not much, but 145 posts later I can say that I’m very glad I took the courage to start something new, from scratch! And now, having come so far, I’m happy to tell you that I’m not planning on quitting soon, because thanks to all of You, my Dear Readers, I can see that what I’m doing here is worth it, if even only 1 of you can put a nice dinner on the table with a little help from my blog 🙂
But enough of the emotional talk, let’s get down to business, shall we? Another foolproof recipe, easy and delicious, based on an old recipe from my grandmother, just perfect for an anniversary 🙂
Apple and Coconut Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache
Yields 2 mini cakes – I used these cute little heart-shaped pans I received for my Bday from my dear sister:
Feel free to adjust the amount of ingredients if you want to make a bigger cake (or a tray of muffins?).
150 g flour
1/2 package of baking powder
1 big apple
2 tbsp shredded coconut
For the ganache:
50g 75% dark chocolate
2-3 tbsp milk
1. Beat the butter, egg and sugar. Add the milk, and add the flour that you have previously mixed with the baking powder. Beat until smooth and creamy.
2. With the help of a spoon, mix in the coconut and the shredded apple.
3. Pour the batter into the greased shapes and bake on 180º C (360º F) until golden.
4. For the ganache: break the chocolate in little pieces, add the milk and melt it in the microwave. Mix it until smooth (if it is too dense, add a little more milk), add a tbsp of butter and mix it well. Pour the ganache on top of the cakes, spread it out with the help of a spoon.
5. Finally, sprinkle with coconut flakes and serve: