Easy Artisan Bread Dough PIZZA!
My love for this bread dough has stepped to an entirely upper level the day I first ventured to make a pizza out of it. I have not changed anything on the dough – I use the original recipe, continuing to add a little olive oil when mixing it all together, and letting the dough rest in the fridge overnight. UPDATE: You don’t even need to let the dough rest overnight in the fridge. It works perfectly fine if you mix it all together, and let it rest in a warm place for about 2 hours (tested it about 10 times already with success :))
Ingredients (This amount would yield around 2-3 32cm pizzas, depending on the thickness you like):
3 cups lukewarm water
1 1/2 tablespoons granulated yeast (or 1.3 ounces cake yeast)
1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons Morton’s Kosher Salt (adjust to suit your taste or eliminate it all together)
6 1/2 cups (2-pounds) unbleached all-purpose flour
1. Grab a big bowl and dump in the water and add the yeast and salt. Add some olive oil as well if you like.
2. Dump in the flour all at once and stir with a wooden spoon. Stir it until all of the flour is incorporated into the dough.
3. Cover your bowl (or pop the lid on your plastic bucket) and make sure there are some holes for the gases of the yeast to escape.
4. Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for about 2 hours to rise.
**The dough can be used right after the initial 2 hour rise, but it is much easier to handle when it is chilled. It is intended for refrigeration and use over the next two weeks, ready for you anytime. The flavor will deepen over that time, developing sourdough characteristics.
5. Refrigerate for the night.
6. When about to use, dust the surface of the dough with a little flour. Reach in and pull a piece out. Place on a pizza pan and stretch to fit the pan. Let rise for 1-1.5 hours to obtain that nice and airy texture.
7. Sprinkle with olive oil and add your favourite toppings.
8. Place the pan in pre-heated oven and bake at 230°C for about 25-30 minutes.
Sprinkle with a little more olive oil before slicing if you wish. According to my Mr this is the best pizza he has ever tried!😀