When I first saw this recipe, I thought hmm, it looks nice. Then I started to do it at home, and thought ‘wow, something is wrong, shouldn’t it be kneaded, or let to rise a little more? I’m not sure it will actually turn out so great…’ and then voilá! The most amazing bread sticks I have ever tried, with an amazing texture and taste, oh and did I mention it has double butter and garlic? A Must Try!
Garlic Bread Sticks or ‘Pizza Factory Breadsticks’
1½ cups warm water
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. yeast
3½ cups flour
1 tsp Salt
melted butter (around 50g)
garlic (I used 5 cloves)
1. Mix together the waters, sugar and yeast and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Add the flour and salt
3. Mix until smooth and let sit for 10 minutes.
4. On a floured surface, roll into a large square.
5. Brush with melted butter mixed with garlic.
6. Fold the dough in half, cut into 1-inch strips, and twist.
7. Place on baking sheet and allow to raise for 20 minutes
8. Bake at 400 degrees (around 200°C) for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
9. Immediately brush with more melted butter with garlic and sprinkle with kosher salt.