Carrot and Chocolate Muffins
I had 2 carrots hiding deep down on the bottom of the fridge – what better to use them for than a tray of nice moist muffins? The basic recipe is the same as in the Cherry-Berry-Choco Muffins.
125g butter (or half cube RAMA margarine is what I use)
1 pack baking powder
2 carrots, shredded
half bar dark (or any) chocolate (I had 70% at home, but the cocoa taste is less intense if you use milk chocolate – leftover chocolate santa or rabbit from Easter are also perfect!)
1. Mix the butter, sugar and eggs
2. Mix the flour and baking powder, add it to the egg batter and mix until smooth. Add the milk.
3. Add the carrots and chocolate, mix it in (with a spoon or something, no need to use a hand mixer here anymore)
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C, prepare your muffin baking tray (I have a traditional one, with muffin papers)
5. Fill the holes with the batter and place the tray in the oven (I sprinkled some chopped almonds on top as well).
6. Bake them for around 30-35 minutes or until golden.
If you are worried it will actually taste like carrots, don’t be! It is just like a carrot cake, the carrot makes them moist and soft but the taste is not noticeable at all.