Spinach and Nuts Stuffed Chicken Breast
Spinach time again! I am a big fan, my Mr is a bit less, however I think if I do things with spinach in them more often, he actually gets used to it 🙂 Well, anything tastes better inside a chicken breast, right?
2 chicken breasts
1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed
few pieces of nuts and raisins
salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, olive oil
1. Halve the chicken breasts to make a pocket for the filling
2. For the filling: in a frying pan, bring together the spinach, nuts, raisins, milk, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Fill the chicken breast pockets with the spinach mix
4. Close them well (I used some meat-needles) so the filling doesn’t come out of the breasts
5. Sprinkle a baking pan with olive oil and place the breasts on it, sprinkle the top with breadcrumbs
6. Bake the breasts in pre-heated oven for about 45 minutes (depending on the size of your pockets).
Our chicken breasts were so big, we could only eat half and half each, so what was left the next day, I used to make a chicken salad for our sandwiches – removed the rest of the filling, diced the chicken, and mixed it with 2 tbsp sour cream, 2 tbsp mayo, salt and pepper.