It is not at all easy where I live to find good quality seafood, thus the other day, when I came along a frozen pack of good-looking seafood-variation “designed” for risotto, I could not resist. Then I only needed some saffron and a nice paella recipe to serve as a guideline, and voilá!
1-2 garlic cloves
clams, shrimps, mussels, any seafood you like
salt, pepper, a small pinch of saffron
chicken/fish/vegetable broth or water (I had chicken broth at hand)
1. Sauté the onion on a tbspful of olive oil
2. Add the garlic and let it simmer for a while
3. Add the seafood and cook for a while
4. Add the green beans (I used frozen)
5. Add a cup of rice and stir
6. Pour 2 cups of broth on the rice, add salt, pepper and the saffron and stir it, let it cook (covered) until the rice has suck up all the broth and is tender.
Sprinkle with lemon when serving!