Mom’s Meat Balls
This is another treasure from my mom’s recipes – fantastic in its simplicity. You can basically use any kind of ground meat, even leftover roast chicken (the best, in my opinion!), lately I use ground beef for steak tartare – I found it results in very tender meatballs.
Mom’s Meatballs or ‘Anyukám Fasírtja’
250g ground meat
1 clove garlic
salt, pepper, paprika
fresh or dry parsley
1-2 fistful of dry bread
1. Chop the onion and garlic
2. Soak the dry bread in water
3. In a bowl, mix the meat, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika, parsley, egg, squeeze the bread and add it as well in pieces
4. Make balls the size of your liking (ours are normally the shape and size of an ice hockey puck)
5. Roll the balls in breadcrumbs
6. Fry the balls in oil or even in the oven.