This simple chicken recipe is a great way to put a festive meal on the table (not only on holidays). I did it already 2 times – this and last Christmas, and depending on the size of your chicken and the hunger of the people around the table, it can easily satisfy around 4 tummies. We were 3 this time, and there was enough leftover chicken to be used as filling for a cannelloni dish and a chicken wrap the next day. Now that is something! Oh and did I mention the amazingly tender consistency and wonderful orange-garlic taste? 😉
1 whole chicken
5 garlic cloves
100 ml olive oil
1. Rinse the chicken and dry it with paper towel.
2. Cut the chicken along the spine, spread it and flatten it out a little with your hands and place it in a baking pan.
3. For the marinade: grate the garlic cloves and the orange peel, add it to the olive oil and add the juice of the orange as well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Massage the marinade into the chicken.
5. Cover the pan with tin foil and place it in the pre-heated oven, bake covered for around 1 hour at 180°C.
6. Remove the tin foil and bake it uncovered until the meat is golden brown, sprinkle the chicken with the juices gathered in the pan a couple of times during this time.
We enjoyed it with mashed potatoes and braised red cabbage! Yum.