Sour Cherry Cake
I have to admit this is one of my favourite cake recipes. When I first made it, it was an instant success and quickly made its way to the good old recipe collection. I love sour cherries and it is so easy to bring these few ingredients together to form this great treat (really, can anything go wrong with sour cherries? I even put some pieces into this morning’s milkshake:)). I used canned cherries as it is not quite the season of this fruit, although I’m pretty sure it would taste just as great with any other kind of fruit. However sour cherries make a great compliment to all that sweetness!
The recipe is from here.
100g butter or margarine
200 ml sour cream or plain yoghurt
130 g strong white bread flour or normal white flour
1/2 packet baking powder
1 small pinch of baking soda
1. Mix the butter with the sugar
2. Add the eggs
3. Add the yoghurt or sour cream
4. Mix the flour with the baking powder and soda
5. Add the flour mix to the egg batter
6. Line a 25cm pie pan with baking paper and pour the batter into the pan
7. Add the cherries (if you do not want them to sink to the bottom while baking, roll them in some flour before adding them to the batter)
8. Place the pan in pre-heated oven and bake for about 30 minutes at 160°C (fan forced).
Be strong and wait for it to cool before serving 🙂 Enjoy!