We needed some bread fast the other day as due to a festive the stores were closed and we had a serious craving for a nice sandwich. The no-work no-knead artisan bread would have taken too long, so this recipe won! Easy-peasy, fast and delicious all-purpose bread (in our home, at least :))
200ml tepid water
2 tbsp sugar
25g fresh yeast
100g melted butter
2 tsp salt
For the sprinkling:
1 egg yolk
1 tbsp water
4 tbsp sesame or poppy seeds
1. Pour the flour in the kneading bowl
2. Make a hole in the middle and add the sugar, yeast and some water
3. When the yeast is frothy (around 15min) add the remaining ingredients (except for the sprinkling :))
4. Knead the dough until smooth and does not stick to the sides of the bowl
5. Form a ball of the dough and let rest for 15 minutes
8. Cut the dough in 8 pieces and make little buns
9. Let the buns rise in a warm place for about an hour
10. Brush the buns with the mix of water and egg yolk, sprinkle with your favourite seeds.
11. Bake the buns in the oven until golden brown on 200°C.
For dinner, we had some stuffed tomatoes to go with the buns:
Pretty, aren’t they?