Thing is, my Mr loves the store-bought version of this cookie, which is a great inspiration to try them at home! I found a good-looking recipe here.
1/2 pack baking powder
1 pack vanilla sugar
3 tbsp sugar
250g melted butter
jam for the filling
For the chocolate frosting:
4 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and make a soft dough
3. Refrigerate the dough for 1/2 hour.
4. Roll out the dough to around 5mm and cut into desired shapes (like disks or flowers)
5. Place the shapes on a baking pan and place in pre-heated oven – they are done when they start to get a little colour (few minutes).
6. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool
7. Stick the cookies together with the help of the jam (I used home-made apricot jam).
8. For the chocolate glaze, mix the sugar with the cocoa, a little bit of oil (this will make the glaze shiny) and enough water to make it easily spreadable.
Let the cookies rest for about 2-3 hours and Enjoy!
My Mr’s opinion: the cookie dough is way better than the store-bought one, however I have to improve the chocolate glaze because he likes the factory made more : )