Easy As Pie: Apple Puff Pastry
It was the day of the “Reyes Magos” yesterday, and altough we are not celebrating it here in Hungary, I wanted to surprise my (Spanish) Mr with something. Turned out I chose his favourite pastry for the occasion!
This is really a truly fast-easy-tasty recipe, if you choose the “lazy” store-bought puff pastry. Of course people with time at their hands: feel free to make the dough at home as well! For sure the taste will receive 1 more star.
Apple Puff Pastry
Ingredients (this makes 3 pieces, enough for 2 for dessert:)):
1/3 (store-bought) puff pastry dough
1/2 pack vanilla sugar
apricot marmelade (mine is home-made, thank you mom!)
1. Cut the puff pastry into desired shapes
2. Slices the apple and place the slices on the pastry pieces, leave around 1 cm free on the sides
3. Sprinkle with vanilla sugar
4. Place in the pre-heated oven and bake at 180°C until golden.
5. After removing the pastry from the oven, brush with marmelade and enjoy while still hot : ))
I have received many compliments on this, a fool proof recipe with secure success!
P.S. I used the rest of the puff pastry dough for a fast dinner – made a filling from some mushrooms, onion, a can of tuna and tomato sauce (throw it all in a pan and fry a little), placed a tablespoonful of the filling on the pastry squares, closed them and baked them in the oven (180°C) until golden brown, they were really yummy!!